Bridge Zone runs 2 types of events: teams events and pairs events.
To play in events you need to create a login for your team or pair.
1. Click on the 'New Players' link on the home page.
2. Fill in the fields and submit.
3. An activation link will be sent to your email address (allow a few minutes).
4. Click on the activation link in the email and it will ask you to set a password.
5. Login with the password and you will be redirected to My Page.
This is the page you will use
for all your signups for future events, scheduling with opponents and reporting matches.
Sign up for an event. The type of event will restrict your login
to that type of event. A pairs login cannot be used to sign up for teams events.
6. Initially you will have a selection of all events to sign up for.
The registration form will give you the option to place yourself
on an 'automatic signups' list so that you do not need to register for future seasons.
In following seasons your player list from the current season will be propagated through and you
can edit this independently. In other words you do not need to enter your player
list each season.
Set up your profile
7. It's important that players have some idea of when you can play as a starting point
in negotiations. On the top menu click on Profiles/Edit my Team Profile. Here you can
change your team or pair name (that will propagate through all our databases), and set up
your normal playing times in the grid. Please try and be flexible and allow extended times on
the weekend to cater for teams who may be in timezones very different to your own. If you would
like us to do this for you then email the postmaster@BridgeZone.org and give your login name
and the times you can normally play in your time zone.
Playing your match
8. You will be notified when play begins and who your opponent is.
9. The Pending Matches table on MyPage lists all the matches you have to play.
10. Scheduling should be done through the scheduling form - this will display your opponents
availability in your time zone and you can suggest the day(s) over which you would like to play
the match. Team matches are usually played in 2 or more sessions. The times you've suggested
will show in your Pending Matches Table.
11. When the match has been played, report your win through the Pending Matches table. Your
win will be automatically posted and your next opponent will appear in the table. You and your
opponent will receive emails as will your next opponent.
Finally, we are here to help! Some of this may seem confusing when you first start but once
you've been through the process hopefully it will be a lot easier next time. Mail herewith any queries.